Saturday, June 27, 2015

Bra cup and band sizing

Many of you know that I worked in a lingerie boutique before starting my business as a custom bra maker. I would fit women, as well as a few men, and the most misunderstood concept was that of bra cup and band sizing. One of my former co-workers found this great image on reddit.com, showing the difference in cup and band sizes, and I absolutely love it!

                                            

Now, if you're like me and don't fit into traditional ready to wear sizing, this illustration might not mean much for you when bra shopping. In which case, custom made bras might be just the right choice for you. But if you find yourself questioning what size to try on when the one you have in the fitting room just isn't working, then I hope this illustration helps you understand bra sizing a little better. Please note that one ready to wear company will not fit the same as another.

No comments:

Post a Comment